- 2×2 RESOURCES
- Welcome to 2×2
- Undercover Bishop
- Redeemer-East Falls, Philadelphia
- Advent Sermons
- Advent Play
FREE Modern Parable with Study Guide
Undercover Bishop: A Parable for Today’s Church
Undercover Bishop will always be available in PDF form on 2x2virtualchurch.com for FREE.
Print or Kindle copies are available on Amazon.com.
For bulk copies, please contact 2x2: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MISSION INSPIRATION OFFER
the moderator of 2x2,
or 215 605 8774
We were all once strangers, the weakest, the outcasts, until someone came to our defense, included us, empowered us, reconciled us (1 Cor. 2; Eph. 2).
Top Posts & Pages
- Object Lessons
- Adult Object Lesson: The Beatitudes
- Adult Object Lesson: The Prodigal Son
- Adult Object Lesson: Luke 15 (The "Lost" Parables)
- Adult Object Lesson: The Raising of Lazarus
- What the Alban Institute Did Wrong
- Adult Object Lesson: Matthew 2: 13-23
- The Flipped Classroom; the Flipped Church
- Planning Ahead for a Pentecost Object Lesson for Adults or Children.
- Faith Like a Pencil Stub
On Isaiah 30:15b
- The Year 17 Is Year for Reformation
- Time to Revisit the Cost of Discipleship
Fishbowl Thinking: Part 2
The Resurrection Story Should Not Excuse Church Failure
The Fish Bowl Leadership Model
and How It Needs Fresh Water
- Wishful Thinking May Create Predatory Practices in the Church
- What Small Churches Need to Know About Hiring Church Consultants
- The ELCA’s Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- When Failure Is the Desired Option
- The Lutheran Grinch Ponders His Evil Ways—or NOT!
- Church Leaders Can Learn from Our Nation’s Leadership Crisis
- Checking “None” Is No Indication of Atheism
- Most Churches Are Small for Good Reason
- The City Is Once Again the Place to Be
- Study Explores Effectiveness of Church Councils
- Love of Money May Be the Root of All Evil
- The Modern Gift of Agency: Part 1
- Why Pastors Need to Attend Civic Meetings
- How Congregations Are Funding Their Own Demise
- How Failing to Embrace Technology Is Dooming the Church
- Challenges for Online Thought Leadership in the Church
- What Is the True Church?
- What to Do About the DeChurched
- Defining the Future Seminary
- To Be or Not to Be “Church”
- “Follow Me” Means “Take A Chance”
- Dignity—A Return to Camelot
- Can Small Churches Reach Youth?
- A Moving Story that Touches on Black Lives Matter
- What Is It About Tradition?
- A Search for Miracles in the Church
- Listening for Ideas
- Internet Ministry Benefits Mission
- Crashing Through 7 Roadblocks to Internet Ministry
Back to Social Media
On to the Future
- Congregational Wealth: More Than Money
Black Lives Matter:
An Issue that Won’t Go Away
- Measuring Sermon Engagement
- The Church: A Pioneer in Holacracy
- Can Holacracy Save the Church?
- If time can change, why can’t we?
- Handling Baggage in the New Year
- The Structure of the Past
- Another Christian tradition uses holacracy concepts
How Can the Church Approach
Meaningful Structural Change?
How Lutherans Blew It
and How We Might Recover
- Christian Influencers: Do Women Count?
- Can Christians Work Together?
- What gets into people at Christmas?
- Now is the time for Christians to speak
How Can Encouragement
Help Small Congregations?
- Church Leaders, Beware!
- Teaching the Internet to Churches
Time for Advent!
Two new resources!
- The Quandary Facing Small Church Leaders
Birds of a Feather
Do Nothing Together
- What the Church Can Learn from Ferguson
- Why Blogging Leads Change
- Stop Taking Volunteers for Granted
- Announcing 2×2’s SlideShow Club
- Finally, A Church Leader Who Understands Change
Bullies in the Church—
Taking the Wider View
- A Letter to Presiding Bishop Eaton
- Why Offerings Are Killing the Local Church
Expanding the Voice of the Church —
for Our Own Good
- Never Lock Your Church Doors Again
17 Reasons the Church Cannot Change
and What We Can Do About It
- Where do hurting Christians go?
- Understanding Hate
- Can the Church Lead the Discussion on Racial Issues?
- Stop. Look. Listen.
- The Growing Number of Unchurched
- What “Ownership” Means in the Church
- Revisiting Church Membership
- Looking for Innovation in the Church
- A Touching Story of Faith Among the Rules
- Labeling Church Culture
- Understanding Small Churches and Transformation
- Churches: Sitting Ducks for Those with Wicked Motives
- Seeing an Old Church with Fresh Eyes
- A Word of Advice for Today’s Clergy
- How Will We Measure Success in the Church?
- Watching Faith Come Alive
Why Church Revival Is Better
than Church Replanting
- Don’t Be Boring, the Pope Says!
- SEPA Synod Assembly Gears Up for Annual Meeting
- “Clergy for Hire” = Cult-leadership?
- When an Offer of Prayer Just Isn’t Enough
- Church Bombings Again in Pakistan
- Little Change in the Sea of Changes
- Transparency in Church Finances Remains A Problem
- Proactive Caring Requires No Proof of Need
Want to Grow Your Mission?
Let Other People Do the Work
- 20 Reasons to Avoid the Internet in Ministry
- Martin Luther vs Barbie?
- The Virtual Church Is Real
- The True Strength of the Horizontal Church
Accepting Vulnerability in the Pulpit
Why It Is A Bad Idea
- A Post Worth Sharing on Ash Wednesday
- You Can’t Build Church by Rewriting the Bible
- South Carolina Courts Rule in Favor of Redeemer
- A Prayer for Our Church
- Happy Birthday, 2×2
Let’s Start the Discussion
with Loaded Language
- Service or Worship? Chicken or Egg?
- Why is Sunday morning the most segregated hour in America?
- Run for Your Life. What Do You Carry?
- What Is A Church Member Worth?
- Careful! Children Are Watching!
- Behind the Rhetoric of Church Replanters
- Cooperation Within the Church
- Congregational Resolutions for the New Year
- Problems with Church Replanting: Part 2
- Things Most Church Replanters Don’t Talk About
- The Keys to the Modern Church
- 2×2 In the New Year
- Six Christmases Locked Out of the ELCA
- Take the Easy Road—the One that Bypasses Calvary
- Ring Out the Old—Bring In the New
- Five Deadly Sins of the Modern Church
- Helping the Children of Pakistan
- Giving Tuesday: Missing the Point
- Remembering Some Other Veterans
- An All Saints Day Message for A Power-Driven Church
- Reformation Never Ends
- 7 Ways Your Church Can Go Viral
- Where Is the Crisis in the Episcopal Church Taking Lutherans?
- How to Find Leaders That “Smell of Sheep”
- 5 Lessons Churches Can Learn from a Pop Star
- The World Has Changed and So Have the Rules of Leadership
- When did God change?
- What If Churches Refused to Use the Word “Can’t”
- Labor Day: Celebration of the Church Worker
- The Small Church—Lost in Time
- All Church Eyes on Ferguson
- Clergy in Ferguson Make A Difference
- Look Again at All Those Small Churches
How Full Communion
with the Episcopal Church
Hurts Lutheran Congregations
- Do Dollars Talk in Church Leadership?
- Suggested Reading from A 2×2 Subscriber
- Wise Pastors Respect Lay Talent
- Serving in the Zone (Finding Passion)
- The Vertical Church Reaches A Common Stalemate
- The Horizontal Church at Work
- Addressing Failure in the Church
- Do you have a plan for engaging visitors?
- News from Pakistan
- The Horizontal Church: the Networked Church
- Happy Independence Day
- The Horizontal Church
- Revisiting an Old Video
- The Horizontal Church: Part 2
- Introducing the Horizontal Church
- PBS Features Philadelphia Churches in Danger of Closing
- Big Changes Coming on 2×2
- 27 BIG Mistakes Churches Make Every Day
- A New Pentecost
- Slideshow: Pentecost in Art
- The Voice of the Modern Church
- A Poet Never Dies
- Adult Object Lesson: Ascension Sunday
- Slideshow: Ascension Sunday
- The Process of Discernment: Group vs Individual
- Object Lesson: The Pomegranate
- Slideshow: Fifth Sunday after Easter
- Discernment—A New Word for an Old Process
- Slideshow: Easter 4 —I Am the Way
- The Parable of the Liturgical Sorting Hat
- Lone Rangers Often Fail, Expert Says
- The Lord is the Shepherd
- Object Lesson: U-turn on the Road to Emmaus
- Slideshow for Second Sunday after Easter
- The Changing Role of Pastor
- Object Lessons from Art—The Road to Emmaus
- Why Take Your Synod Assembly Seriously?
- Demographic Experts Lead the Church Astray
- Weekly Slideshow: Thomas-My Lord and My God
- Adult Object Lesson: John 20:19-31
- A Cure for the Easter Monday Blues
- Redeemer’s Easter 2014
- Core Non-Theological Beliefs of A Successful Church
- 8 Habits to Nurture Success in Church
- Resurrection: The Goal of Transformation
- Pakistani Christians March on Palm Sunday
- A Remarkable Palm Sunday
- Thou Shalt Not Steal—Think Again!
- 5 Important Reasons to Get Members to Camp
- Adult Object Lesson: Palm Sunday
- Slideshow: Palm Sunday
- What ever happened to Palm Sunday?
- Leading or Following: It’s A Point of View
- 5 Key Performance Indicators for the Modern Church
- Adult Object Lesson: The Raising of Lazarus
- It’s Not Too Late
- Slideshow for Lent 5
- Adult Object Lesson: Jesus Cures the Blind Man
- Can’t Make Choir Practice? No Excuses!
- Slide Show for Lent 4: Psalm 23
- What the Alban Institute Did Wrong
- Redeemer Ambassadors Visit EPIC
- Follow Me: The Under-rated Role of Followers
- May 2017 (2)
- April 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (2)
- February 2017 (1)
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (2)
- October 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (2)
- June 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (6)
- March 2016 (6)
- February 2016 (2)
- January 2016 (12)
- December 2015 (8)
- November 2015 (3)
- October 2015 (6)
- September 2015 (9)
- August 2015 (1)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (5)
- May 2015 (4)
- April 2015 (1)
- March 2015 (6)
- February 2015 (11)
- January 2015 (13)
- December 2014 (6)
- November 2014 (2)
- October 2014 (6)
- September 2014 (3)
- August 2014 (8)
- July 2014 (9)
- June 2014 (9)
- May 2014 (12)
- April 2014 (23)
- March 2014 (22)
- February 2014 (15)
- January 2014 (22)
- December 2013 (22)
- November 2013 (27)
- October 2013 (34)
- September 2013 (38)
- August 2013 (27)
- July 2013 (30)
- June 2013 (30)
- May 2013 (29)
- April 2013 (22)
- March 2013 (32)
- February 2013 (28)
- January 2013 (33)
- December 2012 (47)
- November 2012 (33)
- October 2012 (44)
- September 2012 (43)
- August 2012 (43)
- July 2012 (39)
- June 2012 (25)
- May 2012 (33)
- April 2012 (41)
- March 2012 (38)
- February 2012 (27)
- January 2012 (30)
- December 2011 (25)
- November 2011 (30)
- October 2011 (20)
- September 2011 (12)
- August 2011 (3)
- June 2011 (1)
To Follow 2×2 on Twitter
There are two ways you can follow 2x2 on Twitter.
You can follow Judy
You can follow 2x2
OR, you can follow both!